Table of Contents
How Does CBD Make You Feel?
“High” would probably be the first word that comes to mind. This is because people often associate CBD with marijuana, which has made a name for itself. Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of the active ingredients of the cannabis plant. CBD is a safe substance based on the World Health Organization as “it exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential in humans.” . CBD has a less aggressive take on the CB receptors, which accounts for its negligible psycho-activity effect on the human body. So, the question on everybody’s mind for quite some time: If CBD doesn’t give the “high” factor, then how does CBD make you feel?
Does CBD Oil Get You High?
Many people think that hemp and marijuana are two different species, but they’re just two different names used to call cannabis. In law, however, they are different because of the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content. THC is what makes you high. CBD oils contain 0.2% or less THC content. CBD oils have gained popularity in recent years because of the various health benefits it offers, from helping skin disorders to decreasing symptoms of PMS to fighting off infection. However, with new CBD users getting sucked in with this CBD rave now and then, the question remains, “Does CBD oil get you high?”
- Know first the two main cannabinoids: THC vs. CBD. THC, or the delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are 2 out of the 80 active chemical compounds present in cannabis. As mentioned before, THC is the compound that’s associated with the “high” effect of marijuana use. CBD has gained popularity because of potential related health benefits. These two compounds interact with the cannabinoid receptors when ingested to help treat different health-related conditions. It’s a smart consumer practice to know what the CBD product has, so research to not make any mistakes and to protect your health.
- THC interacts with slightly different receptors in a person’s brain. Illegal use of marijuana is clear, and this is another reason the government continues to regulate the amount of THC present in certain CBD products or medical marijuana. The THC presents psychoactive effects. To add, some of the side effects that you may experience when consuming THC may include dry mouth, red eyes, increased heart, and many more.
- How does CBD work? CBD is what you should look for if you want the potential therapeutic effects! CBD is the second most prevalent active ingredient in cannabis and is derived directly from the hemp plant. Various studies claim that CBD has a lot of health benefits, and some of these hemp CBD oil benefits include helping with anxiety, managing chronic pain, and lessening cravings for alcohol, cannabis, opiates, and stimulants. CBD products are classified as ‘novel food products’ according to the Food Standards Agency (FSA) In short, an over-the-counter CBD product isn’t a substitute for your medical prescription! As an add-on, though, CBD is safe in large quantities, and any side effects are likely a result of its interaction with other medications a person may be taking.
CBD and Getting “High”
Binging on hemp, whether you inhale it or gulp down help-infused oils, won’t make you reach that “high” or get that buzz. The only effects of CBD oil you’ll get are an extra dose of protein or a night of restful sleep. It’s legal, and it’s beneficial—no need to worry about any drug test! And since we’ve unravelled the science of why and how does CBD makes you feel. If you ask now what CBD product should you go for, here are a few things to consider:
- What’s the top-secret on the source of CBD? Well, one criterion to check is the type of CBD that’s in the product. CBD oil extracts vary in effects, so it’s great to be mindful of this if you want to fully experience CBD potential. Here are the different extraction methods for CBD:
- Full-spectrum CBD includes all the parts of the cannabis plant and not over 0.2% of THC. Full-spectrum CBD oil benefits are greater than the other types because it can maximize the entourage effect, which increases the health benefits of CBD products when multiple cannabis plant compounds are present along with the CBD extract. It has a more potent effect, which helps the body process CBD efficiently. Does CBD oil get you high, the full-spectrum one? NO. Since the amount of THC is so small, you won’t get high from any full-spectrum CBD products, especially the ones produced by Reakiro.
- Broad-spectrum CBD contains all the naturally occurring compounds in cannabis, like the full-spectrum CBD, minus the THC. We remove THC from the CBD after the initial extraction takes place. Broad-spectrum CBD also takes advantage of the entourage effect. Though a bit toned down, as there’s little to no CBD0-THC interaction. Broad-spectrum CBDs are slightly more expensive than the other types because removing THC is costly.
- CBD Isolates are a pure form of CBD which typically contains 99% CBD and nothing else. This is good for people who want to test the effectiveness of CBD alone. However, since it does not contain any other potentially beneficial compounds, it may not offer the same health benefits that a full or broad-spectrum CBD can offer. In addition, psychoactive effects are unlikely when taking CBD Isolate because of the absence of THC. Chomp on as many hemp jams or jellies as you can, and you’ll still pass a drug test with flying colours.
- How much CBD can I take legally? The legality of CBD oil comes into focus because of its association with marijuana. Cannabis and hemp plants both contain CBD and THC. However, the marijuana plant contains more THC and less CBD, while hemp contains more CBD than THC. CBD products are legal as long as they’re derived from an EU-approved industrial hemp plant source. Again, it is important CBD products that have cannabis-derived CBD contain less than 0.2% THC to be legally sold. To add, all compliant CBD manufacturers must follow FSA protocols and label CBD products correctly. As long as you follow the recommended dosage on your CBD product, you’re good to go! Just remember to be patient, as CBD effects might take some time to kick in.
How Does CBD Make You Feel?
Now that we’ve established that CBD oil doesn’t get you high, we need to answer the questions “How does CBD oil make you feel?” and “does CBD oil make you feel relaxed?” CBD products aim to help with a lot of health issues like anxiety, insomnia, and muscle pains. So how does CBD make you feel?
- CBD, the new ‘herbal alternative’? First, and foremost, CBD isn’t an adaptogen or plant extract, it’s a single compound. However, adaptogens help the body resist stressors of all kinds, may it be physical, mental, or emotional, just like CBD. Adaptogens also may tweak hormone production and physical needs to make sure your body functions well. (Again, just like CBD!) Adaptogenic plants have been the craze in the past decade. No doubt it’s been likened to CBD. For those who want to make a shift to another ‘herbal’ alternative and see how does CBD make you feel, the right time is now. CBD has almost similar stress relief properties as it interacts well with ECS. And this is just on top of many more of CBD’s potential benefits!
- CBD has broad therapeutic properties. In recent years, CBD has drawn increasing interest as it showed significant benefits to patients with neuropsychiatric disorders. CBD appears to be a pleiotropic drug that targets other receptors and pathways. This enables CBD to interact with several receptors in the body known to regulate fear and anxiety-related behaviours.
- CBD, keeping your worries and anxiety away! Existing preclinical evidence has shown that CBD has great potential as a treatment for generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. In addition, according to Dr Yasmin Hurd, CBD can activate the serotonin system associated with easing anxiety. The anxiety-reducing effects of CBD appear to be caused by alterations in the body’s serotonin receptors. CBD can have antipsychotic effects on people with schizophrenia. The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is seen as a potential target for pharmacotherapy that’s involved in a wide range of disorders, including schizophrenia.
Effects of CBD Oil Usage
Other than its therapeutic properties, CBD also has other health benefits. Hemp oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut, olive, or hemp seed oil. It has gained popularity because of some scientific studies confirming it may ease symptoms of ailments like chronic pain and anxiety. You can use CBD oils to treat a variety of health issues, ranging from skin issues to stress. Many can enjoy the effects of CBD oil benefits without worrying about the mind-altering effects of marijuana or certain side effects from pharmaceutical drugs. Let’s take a look at some effects of hemp oil on the body.
Effects of CBD Oil in Health
- CBD oil and the pain-less experience. A study in 2018 has shown that CBD in CBD oil may help reduce chronic pain by reducing inflammation because of its anti-inflammatory property, impacting the ECS receptor, and interacting with neurotransmitters. There is evidence that CBD is safe and modestly effective for relieving pain in patients with malignant diseases. If used in 2-8 weeks, CBD will help significantly reduce chronic pain. Although it won’t completely treat pain or significantly improve dealings with pain, people who use CBD for pain management claim that there was a vast improvement in their quality of life.
- Moving without muscle aches using CBD oil. Cannabinoids have good anti-inflammatory properties. This means it has an effective effect on any inflammation-based health problems. When CBD activates the cannabinoid receptors, the macrophages stop the release of cytokines, a protein that signals inflammation. CBD oil will significantly lower the inflammation after a few hours of applying or ingesting it.
- CBD’s low-key, no (high blood) pressure effect. CBD’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties may be able to reduce the risks of getting high blood pressure and other heart diseases that may lead to stroke. A 2009 study showed that a dose of CBD lowered the blood pressure and heart rate of participants after being subjected to a stressful situation. A 2010 review also found that CBD may help protect patients who suffered from a stroke from brain damage and even boost brain function to aid in recovery. As CBD may have vasodilatory effects, your cardiovascular health may improve. To add, bodily inflammation can trigger an increase in your blood pressure levels too—and with that CBD may offer some of its benefits.
Effects of CBD Oil in Beauty and Wellness
- CBD oil and other CBD-infused products may be a great addition to your skincare! CBD oil has the potential to be a universal anti-acne treatment. A study in 2014 explored the effects of the major non-psychotropic phytocannabinoid of cannabis on sebum production. The fatty acids in hemp seed oil may help balance the skin and help prevent inflammation that can cause acne. CBD oil can also be added as an ingredient to a skincare product. CBD oil is also moisturizing as it hydrates and helps the skin keep moisture. One major makeup brand even has added hemp-derived cannabis seed oil as an ingredient to their face mask.
- Soothing feeling for itchy skin with CBD. CBD may help with the treatment of psoriasis. One may take CBD capsules that contain omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. Since, if combined with topical vitamin D, UVB phototherapy, and oral retinoids, it can be an effective psoriasis treatment. You can take CBD oil orally or apply it topically to help with psoriasis. Reakiro CBD’s extraction process is very meticulous—ensuring CBD oil is clean will help the CBD user maximize CBD’s soothing effects.
- Fewer mood swings during PMS with CBD! CBD may help women find some relief when experiencing mild to moderate premenstrual symptoms (PMS). CBD oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which assists in the production of prostaglandin E1 (PEG1). Low PEG1 may cause the physical and emotional symptoms associated with PMS. CBD oil can help with the mood swings, sleep problems, and nausea that PMS brings. A 2010 study also shows that hemp seeds can help protect women against complications caused by menopause because of their high levels of GLA.
Cannabidiol Side Effects
Cannabidiol is considered a relatively effective therapeutic alternative because of its safety profile. Pure CBD seems to be safe for most people. It has a proven therapeutic effect. To add, the FDA-approved CBD-derived medications are likely to be recommended by physicians for the treatment of malignant health conditions. Although CBD is well-tolerated, it also comes with several side effects that people should take note of. You should do proper research before taking on CBD to not cause impairment to yourself.
- How does CBD make you feel when taking it at a high dosage? There are no reports of toxicity from consuming CBD. However, CBD was found to have potential risks and side effects depending on the size of your dosage and how your body reacts and digests the substance you take. It has the potential to cause liver injury, diarrhoea, reduced appetite, drowsiness, and fatigue. It is also possible that hemp seed oil has an anti-clotting effect. It’s best to consult with your doctor if you’re taking blood-thinning medications or have a history of clotting issues.
- How does CBD make you feel when taking other medications? Potential drug-drug interaction must also be taken into consideration when taking CBD products. Drug-drug interaction occurs when two or more drugs are co-administered to a patient. This interaction may cause you to experience unexpected side effects. CBD can alter the effects of other drugs because CBD may compete or interfere with the enzymes that break down many drugs in the liver. Again, it’s best to seek medical advice before taking any CBD products.
Why People Choose Reakiro CBD Oil
Reakiro is all about enhancing and elevating how does CBD make you feel. To feel great more than ever! Its goal is to improve the quality of life of consumers in Europe. Reakiro CBD oil comes in full-spectrum and broad-spectrum oil produced from high quality and EU-certified industrial hemp. Its full control of CBD production and manufacturing is top-notch. This, to ensure that you will get the full benefits from all the natural cannabinoids from the hemp plant. In addition, Reakiro CBD oil contains no harsh chemicals, no pesticides, is gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan friendly. Rest assured; you leverage the wonders of CBD in no time!