Sweet, spicy and warming: Sweet potato and CBD
If you think that one of the best things about winter is that it is now officially soup season, well, you wouldn’t be alone. You’re in good company!
So what’s better than a good slow-cooked homemade soup? An excellent recipe made with care, love and CBD.
Adding CBD oil to your food is a perfect way to incorporate it into your lifestyle. It also allows you to get creative in the kitchen and try out some new recipes, or perhaps just something you haven’t made for a while.
Today’s recipe is a sweet, spicy and warming sweet potato and coconut milk soup. Sweet potatoes are filled to the brim with natural benefits. They are highly nutritious, a great source of fibre, vitamins, and minerals, they support digestive health, they are good for eye health and they may even be instrumental in reducing the risk of cancer.
This recipe combines warming spices to bring out the best flavours from our sweet potatoes, combined with naturally creamy coconut milk to add a soothing and hearty element to the dish. In addition to being incredibly healthy and tasty, this recipe is also entirely vegan! So whether you’re a vegan or you are looking to be more conscious about the animal products you consume, try substituting one of your weeknight dinners with this recipe. We promise you won’t regret it.
Putting CBD in soup is a clever way to embed the earthy flavour of hemp into your winter diet. Do not add the CBD oil while your soup is on the heat and boiling as this will eliminate some of the oil’s properties.
This recipe makes 4-6 portions, if you’re not looking to feed that many people at once, you can refrigerate it or freeze it for an easy lunch or dinner when you need it later on.
What you will need:
- 2 or 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 or 2 fresh red chilies (depending on how spicy you like it)
- A squeeze of lime
- 1 dropper CBD Oil 500mg
- Begin by gently sauteeing your onion with oil, turmeric, ginger, coriander powder
- When the onions are turning translucent and golden, add your washed and diced sweet potatoes, we recommend keeping the skins on as this is where a large amount of fibre and nutrients are stored
- After the potatoes have started to pick up a little bit of colour (but they will still be hard) add your minced garlic and chillies, bear in mind that including the seeds will make the soup spicier!
- Allow to cook for about 5 minutes with regular stirring before adding your can of coconut milk
- Simmer for up to an hour, the soup may need a cup of water as it cooks down
- Add a squeeze of lime and a dropper of CBD just before serving!