Poached Egg on Avocado Toast with CBD Hollandaise
Say hello to your new favourite brunch recipe. It’s easy to agree that brunch is the best meal of the day, a perfect time in the weekend to either take it easy, catch up with friends, or indulge after a morning workout.
Avocado on toast has been the zeitgeist of the past few years, and it is fair to say that it has warranted this popularity due to its healthy and tasty versatility. This recipe elevates your usual avo toast combination with the addition of crisp butter ham, poached egg, and a CBD hollandaise.
By adding CBD to your hollandaise you can experience all the benefits of the natural plant extract while eating a nutritious and delicious breakfast.
Blending Reakiro CBD oil into your hollandaise sauce will leave all the cannabinoids intact and only a subtle hint of the earthy taste.
- 4 slices of multi seeded loaf (or bread of your preference) 🍞
- 2 avocados 🥑🥑
- Lemon juice 🍋
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 large eggs 🥚🥚🥚🥚
- Salt to taste
- 115g salted butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Reakiro CBD Oil 5% (or of your choice)
- Take your 4 slices of bread and spread butter on one side, place the buttered side on your pan and butter the other side. Cook and flip until crisp then remove to serving plates.
- To make the hollandaise sauce, add the 3 egg yolks into the blender. Melt the butter and pour in slowly with the blender on low. Next add in the lemon juice, CBD oil, and pepper and turn the blender speed up. Leave to sit until serving.
- Smash the avocado leaving it chunky in texture, add in a splash of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Spread the smashed avocado on the toast.
- Using the same pan that was used for the toast, crisp up the ham and then place it on the toast.
- Finally, to poach the eggs fill a large pan with water and a generous amount of salt a bring up to simmer. Just before boiling point turn down the heat to medium and crack the eggs in one by one. Poach for 4 minutes and then drain on paper towels.
- Place the eggs on the toast and garnish with parsley, coriander, or black pepper.